Digital Image Online is group set up in South Leeds with the aim of bringing together people of South Leeds who have a like-minded interest, help individuals gain expertise, practical skills, develop creativity and confidence in using digital imaging technology including Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, Mobile Phones, Tablets and interfacing with computers, printers and the internet.
We have a range of activities planned which includes a mix of trips, studio sessions, instruction on various photographic techniques which are going to happen during the weekly sessions.
We are planning activities around all things Digital Image related, which includes, but not limited to:
- Teaching digital photography, we are creating a modular beginners course, the tutor creates the material and guides the student to create the images/illustrations, not only demonstrating the techniques, but showcasing students work after the fact.
- Provide support and guidance for the use of mobile phone cameras and the various editing that can be done simply within the phone itself.
- Enable access to computers software, teach and guide people how to use the computer, download photographs, modify, retouch, enhance, print and create presentations of their work.
- Organise ‘Studio’ sessions including using ‘green screen’ techniques
- Organise trips to various ‘on location photo shoots’
- Create projects for people to participate in, such as visually documenting the local area & heritage sites and publishing on the group web site.
- Create relationships with other local groups and organisations to photo document their events, such as local Galas etc.
- Show and guide people how to make, edit and produce videos
- How to scan, from prints, slides, negatives, plus how to enhance and repair old photographs.
- Guidance in the proper use of web publishing sites, such as Facebook, help create and maintain own web sites and photo journals.
All Things Camera is a project funded by a grant from Awards for All, it is to provide two weekly sessions of social photography. One is dedicated for people with a Learning Disability and nominally meets on Monday mornings. The other which meets on Thursday afternoons is for anyone who wants to be a social photographer where people old and young, beginners and more experienced, with their own camera or not (use one of ours) want to learn more and express themselves visually in a safe and friendly environment.
All Things Camera – In the Studio is funded by Comic Relief and this is enabling us to explore more in the field of portraiture using a professional Flash Studio set up.
When & Where do we meet:
Sessions on Mondays 10am to 12 noon, Thursdays 1.15pm to 3.15pm at The Skills Hub, Gipsy Lane, Beeston. (We are co-located with, but NOT part of Cockburn School, the Hub is in the rear of the school grounds). Please call (or text) if you would like to join us 07754 391490. (Please do not visit us without ringing first, we may be off site on a visit somewhere)